Working through the Holidays becomes Challenging

Blessing Oshin December 19, 2011 18

I still have one week of vacation, which is a lot compared to folks I have asked. I am going to be in the office for another two days, my vacation officially starts on Thursday. Be Positive Mom posed a question on facebook about things ramping up or slowing down at work during this season. And it seems to me that they are ramping up. I have had four meetings today and I have some dinner, lunch and couple other meetings set up for the next two days. It seems to me that the holidays are the true test of a working mother. Our families need us more at this time, and our job needs us to wrap things so that work that flow seamlessly into the next fiscal year. And then there is holiday shopping, cooking and gifting. The list keeps growing.

I plan on focusing on this little lady though throughout the rest of the year.

What do you have planned for the holiday? Is your to-do list getting longer or shorter?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

18 Comments »

1. miss donna December 19, 2011 at 3:58 pm - Reply

you are one busy lady and it looks like you manage it all very well. reward and celebrate yourself accordingly! the Christmas holidays always seemed hectic when i worked a 9-5. everyone fighting to have the same days off, trying to show up to work AND focus…it was too much to deal with. i’m sure that bright-eyed baby girl can’t wait to have you all to herself…enjoy, Blessing!
    miss donna recently posted..Email Confession: I Want MOREMy Profile

• Blessing Oshin December 19, 2011 at 4:47 pm - Reply

Thanks Donna, I am blushing. I am so jealous of you being an entrepreneur and all. I can’t wait till I cross over to the other line as well. But I can already tell that entrepreneurship twice as hard, so kuddos to you all that do it so well.
      Blessing Oshin recently posted..Working through the Holidays becomes ChallengingMy Profile

2. Denise December 19, 2011 at 8:36 pm - Reply

She is beautiful!!!! I plan to focus on my kiddos as well for the remainder of the year, and also finishing up some projects.
    Denise recently posted..Tell Me About Yourself…My Profile

• Blessing Oshin December 20, 2011 at 9:09 am - Reply

Thanks Denise. Same here, I will try to get some blogpost scheduled for 2012, finish up my business proposal and spend time with this little lady. Hope you are having a nice holiday, assuming that all the frenzy going on is not distracting.

3. Steph from Be Positive Mom December 20, 2011 at 1:06 am - Reply

Thank you Blessing for mentioning me! It does feel like things are ramping up and focusing on our littles ones is so important. She is just so adorable! I hope you enjoy the holidays… you desrve it :-)
    Steph from Be Positive Mom recently posted..The Evening Play DateMy Profile

4. Cam - Bibs & Baubles December 20, 2011 at 6:11 pm - Reply

that’s one adorable little lady. I have a little man over here who is getting ALL of my attention these days. :) Happy Holidays!
    Cam – Bibs & Baubles recently posted..Finding Me…And YouMy Profile

• Blessing Oshin December 21, 2011 at 8:20 am - Reply

Your lil man is blessed :) Enjoy the holidays.

5. Angela Johnson December 20, 2011 at 9:26 pm - Reply

Ok she is too cute. I know how you feel about work. I got overwhelmed today. People trying to get things done by the end of the year but I am trying to get things done bhy vacation. Too crazy. I keep thinking I wish I was at home with my kids or with them traveling. Working mothers! UGH!
    Angela Johnson recently posted..Interview with Thembisa Mshaka (formerly of Sony Music)My Profile

• Blessing Oshin December 21, 2011 at 8:19 am - Reply

I know right? Life of a working mom is very fun-filled with all the kids, travelling, work and house chores during this time of the year. You are a strong woman and I bet you do your job as mom and professional nicely.

6. Lucy December 21, 2011 at 2:08 am - Reply

MY to do list is getting much shorter. I almost never take part in any holiday activities so I just kick back and relax with a cup of coffee.

• Blessing Oshin December 21, 2011 at 10:50 am - Reply

I don’t think there is anything a cup of coffee and relaxation can’t solve. Enjoy your holiday

7. Krystyn December 21, 2011 at 9:19 am - Reply

You are quite busy. My husband has been busy too with meetings, dinners, lunches, and more. It’s crazy. And, yes, he’s only off Friday and Monday!

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.
    Krystyn recently posted..“Mommy, we made a surprise for you!”My Profile

• Blessing Oshin December 21, 2011 at 10:46 am - Reply

That’s awesome four days that he’s gonna be home with you ladies.

8. Latorsha December 21, 2011 at 5:00 pm - Reply

My list Isn’t too bad but I just finally had to let somethings go. People try to rush things at the end of the year but often fail at remembering a new year is upon us. ;)

• Blessing Oshin December 21, 2011 at 5:21 pm - Reply

Ditto. Its better to deal with the important stuff first and just let the rest flow into 2012.

9. Shelby December 21, 2011 at 6:39 pm - Reply

First of all I would like to say great blog! I had a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing. I’ve had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there. I truly do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or tips? Cheers!
    Shelby recently posted..sleep hypnosisMy Profile